Chicago United for Equity (CUE)
Grade Levels: 9-12
CUE is a community of racial justice advocates working together across neighborhoods, organizations, and policy issues. We're organizing, shaping narratives, leading advocacy, and reforming institutions to build the city we deserve. Our network connects across our Fellowship program, neighborhood & school reform efforts, and community events.
CUE has participated in PD for civics teachers and CUE's resources have been a valuable addition to Districtwide guidance on civic topics (i.e. candidate surveys, etc).
- Professional Development
- Experiential Learning (out of school/class time)
- Relevant/ Authentic Content
- Informed Action/Experiential Learning
- Examine Who We Are
- Democratic Systems/Structures
Social Science Core Areas
- Culturally Responsive and Sustaining Education
- Powerful Practices
Co-Founder and Executive Director
Manager of Art, Design, and Community Programs
Manager of Finance and Operations