The News Literacy Project
Grade Levels: 6-12
The News Literacy Project, a nonpartisan national education nonprofit, provides programs and resources for educators and the public to teach, learn and share the abilities needed to be smart, active consumers of news and information and equal and engaged participants in a democracy.
NLP provides Checkology® virtual classroom to all CPS educators and students free of charge. Professional learning, along with our suite of educator resources and programs are also part of our partner program with CPS.
- Professional Development
- Curricular enrichment provider
- Experiential Learning (Classroom)
- Curriculum provider
- Informed Action/Experiential Learning
- Relevant/ Authentic Content
- Critical Media Literacy
- Democratic Systems/Structures
Social Science Core Areas
- Culturally Responsive and Sustaining Education
- Powerful Practices
- Disciplinary Literacy